Let us show you a cost-effective way for crossing small streams.
We’ve got portable timber bridges for sale or lease, usually for less than other products.
Our professionally engineered, pre-stressed portable bridges are certified to carry a maximum load of 80,000 pounds. They’re designed to meet American Association of State Highway Transportation Officials (AASHTO HS-20-44) Specifications.
Our bridges are made from CCA-treated 2 x 12’s encased in a steel channel. Our patented Shear Key design allows each bridge to operate as a single, solid structure with weight distributed evenly across the entire bridge. Each bridge is designed for fast, easy installation with a dozer, excavator or boom truck.
Our portable bridge systems help meet and exceed Best Management Practices for stream crossings by minimizing stream siltation and erosion during installation, use, and removal of the bridge.
Our bridge systems meet the requirements of Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) Specification 3.24. They’ve been used for flood relief, temporary crossings into wetlands to perform studies, and for initial access for performing evaluations for housing development projects. Several departments of the West Virginia Division of Highways have approved the structures as overlays on weight restricted DOH bridges. We’ve provided bridges to New York State for access throughout the Hudson Bay Watershed, and the spans have been heavily used in the timber and oil and gas industries. Some have been installed for permanent access to parks, recreation areas, and private lands.
Our portable bridge systems help drillers and loggers meet and exceed Best Management Practices for stream crossings by minimizing stream siltation and erosion after the job is done. They also help keep debris out of the waterway, with no in-stream construction. They’re widely used on larger farms, and for housing developments and personal home sites. Bridges are:
- Maintenance free
- Can also be installed as permanent applications.
- Inexpensive to install
- Used to overlay existing weight-restricted bridges on small roads
Our bridge systems are:
- A patented Shear Key design (US Patent No. 5.603.134)
- 30- and 40-foot bridges designed for 20- and 30-foot maximum spans
- Created from two six-foot panels, which make a 12-foot wide bridge
- Engineered to carry loads up to 80,000 pounds
- Designed to AASHTO Specification HS-20
- Available for conventional logging or construction equipment
- Able to be temporarily installed without permanent abutments
- Able to be skidded to installation site